- Spectral Analyzer provides tools for defining the analysis process.
- Slice parameter sets the rate at which the incoming audio is transformed to spectral data.
- Very short slice times result in real-time spectral data, while longer times can create rhythmic spectral patterns.
- Sweepable Center Freq and Bandwidth controls (with CV inputs and attenuverters)
- Freeze control over the spectral integrator, sustaining the currently analyzed spectrum
- Spectral Modifier controls allow you to creatively modify the analyzed spectra
- Voice parameter lets you select from 1 to 33 oscillators to resynthesize the spectrum
- CV-able Blur parameter/spectral lag processor controls how quickly the spectrum can change
- Feedback control routes the resynthesized audio back into the entire processing chain for subtle or dramatic feedback effects - at its max, it becomes self-sustaining and input independent
- Oscillator Bank resynthesizes the analyzed spectra
- Waveform parameter selects the oscillators' waveform and includes two special crossfading sine and sawtooth waveforms in addition to traditional waveforms
- Freq control tunes the oscillators over a +/-7 semitone range and acepts 1V/Oct, FM input and attenuversion
- Glide parameter sets the amount of polyphonic glide (each oscillator has its own glide circuit!)
- Mix control (and associated CV input) sets the balance between the original input audio and the resynthesized audio
- A number of special optional functions including Dum Mode, Spectral Warping Mode, and a quantization adjustment to semitones.
- 12 user Spectra memories and 12 user Presets (in addition to 12 each factory memories)
- Reverse polarity protected
Panharmonium: Mutating Spectral Resynthesizer
Rossum Electro-Music Software Architect Bob Bliss (who also, as it happens, fathered E-mu’s famed “EOS” Emulator Operating System) has created Panharmonium, a unique music and sound design tool that lets you analyze the spectral content of any audio signal and use that analysis to drive a bank of from 1 to 33 oscillators. Depending on various control settings, Panharmonium can accurately reproduce the input spectrum in real time or modify it in a multitude of wildly creative ways. All with an interface whose immediacy encourages performance and interaction.
Panharmonium input can be anything from a single oscillator to an entire mix (including vocals). From dense, swirling pads and drones that evolve with the input’s changing spectrum, to clock-syncable spectral arpeggiation, to as-yet unnamed harmonic effects, Panharmonium opens up an entirely new world of sonic possibilities.
Additionally, Panharmonium can take a snapshot of an instantaneous spectrum and use that as a complex harmonic oscillator, which can then be modified and modulated by all of Panharmonium’s other controls.
Panharmonium accomplishes its magic though a combination of functional submodules.
- Width: 26HP
- Max Depth: 25mm
- Power: 140mA @+12V , 30mA @-12V
Tax Excluded for International orders. This price does NOT include Tax